LinkedIn is the world’s biggest professional networking platform. Members use it to keep in touch with business associates, co-workers and clients. But LinkedIn can do much more – boost your profile, build your awareness, etc.
Here are some advices on how to get the best from the platform:
- Add a good-quality photo of yourself, as well as a background image to your profile. That reflects your personality and your business. Include a short summary of who you are, what you do, and what you offer. Add your current position, as well as your previous work history, education details, and your skills or areas of expertise.
2. Contact and connect with other LinkedIn users and professional organizations in your industry. In this way you can stay up to date with the latest developments, and to share information with others in your area of work.
3. Once you’ve made your connections, you can have real-time conversations with them. The Active Status feature in the platform shows you which of your connections are online.
4. Use LinkedIn Effectively with LinkedIn Groups as they can be a valuable source of information, ideas and support. All members can join groups to discuss ideas and share industry news, and this can be a great way to develop your professional network.
5. Create engaging content! In LinkedIn you can post simple text updates, images, videos, links to other sites, and share posts from other users. Always make sure that your posts are informative, useful, and relevant to your professional connections.
6. Boost your profile! LinkedIn can increase the visibility of your company brand, your business, your products. This can help you create valuable connections with your potential customers and employees.
7. Keep professional etiquette! Success on LinkedIn depends on developing and maintaining a good reputation. That means it’s important to appear professional all the time. Avoid posting personal information that you might post on other networks. Also, always be mindful of what you say about your organization.